EB 5 Visa – US Immigration through Investment
EB-5 visa is an investment visa for USA. The Congress has allocated 10,000 visas per year, which are rarely filled completely. Through this visa, the US government rewards immigrant investors with a Green Card if they help the US economy by creating jobs.
The minimum amount of money to invest is $500,000 if invested in a rural or high unemployment area. The program allows passive investments – so that the investor need not involve in day-to-day management, and can live anywhere in the USA. The investment is made such that the investor is entitled to earn a standard US grade investment return.
EB-5 Visa allows a person and his or her immediate family to obtain a green card (live permanently in the US) by investing in an enterprise that creates jobs for US citizens. A Green Card provides Permanent Residency for the applicant, his or her spouse and any offspring under the age of 21. All may apply for US citizenship (Passport) after having the green card for 5 years;
The EB5 investment visa route to a green card avoids the usual requirement of having family connections, securing a job or running an actively traded business
The bottom line is that if the investor has the money, wants to earn US grade investment returns and is interested in obtaining a green card, this is a fast and useful program.
Advantages of the EB-5 Visa Program
There are any advantages, unique to EB-5 program:
- No Quota Backlogs. There are many delays and backlogs for employment and family based green card categories but there is no backlog for the EB-5 Visa Investor category.
- No Sponsor Needed. Foreign investors use their own personal funds and do not require sponsorship from either an employer or a family member.
- Regional Center Investment Programs. Many of the approved EB-5 regional centers allow foreign investors to invest in prearranged programs for only $500,000, plus administrative fees.
- Permanent Residency. Foreign investors may enter a limited partnership with few or no day-to-day management responsibilities for their investment program. This allows foreign investors to live and work in the United States in any capacity.
- Short processing period.
- US grade investment returns possible.
Transcend Consultants partners with various EB-5 projects across USA.