QUEBEC IMMIGRANT INVESTORS PROGRAM (QIIP)
Investor programs target ‘passive’ investment options.
The Applicant is required to demonstrate that:
- they have sufficient legally obtained net worth – CA$2.0 million ($2,000,000)
- they have sufficient business management experience
- and make required investment in an approved fund for 5 years – CA$1.2 million ($1,200,000)
The investment is made through an approved financial institution, and is guaranteed by the government. The investment is returned without interest after the investment period.
For Applicants qualifying on Net Worth and other criteria, there is a possibility of financing the investment amount with the financial institution for a one-time non-refundable payment. The financing fee is not yet announced but is likely to range from CA$ 325,000 to 350,000 and changes from time to time.
The Quebec program is more flexible (e.g it allows for inclusion of gifts and inheritance in the Net worth calculation) and is quicker.
Things to know:
- The Quebec government limits the intake of Applications under this program.
- The quota is distributed among Financial Intermediaries. All applications must be routed thru’ one of the Quebec- authorized Financial Intermediary.
- Owing to low intake limit, there’s high demand and a rush for the few spots available.
- Transcend has reserved a few spots for our clients with reputed Financial Intermediaries.