QUALIFYING JOB OFFER
Qualifying Job Offer (QJO) assists Express Entry candidates gain extra points in the Comprehensive Ranking system, often enabling them to obtain the much coveted Invitation to Apply under one of the programs.
QJO is an Offer of Employment from a qualified Canadian business for a full-time position, that has received a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada.
SC considers the following factors while processing a QJO-LMIA application:
- The job offer is genuine;
- The wages and working conditions are comparable to those offered to Canadians working in the occupation;
- Employers conducted reasonable efforts to hire or train Canadians for the job;
- The employment of the foreign worker will directly create new job opportunities, help retain jobs for Canadians or will transfer new skills and knowledge to Canadians;
- The hiring of the foreign worker will not affect a labour disputes or the employment of any Canadian worker involved in such a dispute;
- The Employer has a positive history of employing Canadians and complying with employment laws; and
- The Employer is reasonably able to fulfill the terms of employment.