PROVINCIAL PROGRAMS – FARMERS
Provincial Programs – Farmers
Many provinces (states) of Canada also have nomination programs for Farmers. Once nominated, the Farmer applicant (and qualifying family members) is issued a permanent residence visa by the federal government through their overseas Canadian visa offices.
The Farmers programs generally require the Applicant to demonstrate:
- Previous farm ownership or management experience
- Net Worth – starting from CA$ 150,000
- Minimum investment starting from CA$ 150,000
- Viable Farm management plan
- Sufficient settlement funds
- Convincing willingness to settle in the province
- Ability and willingness to operate a viable business
The Applicant is required to make an exploratory visit to the province, either before submitting or during processing of their nomination application. Most provinces also seek refundable deposits to ensure that the Applicant actually settles in the province. Applicant with difficulty in English, may also be asked to make a deposit, till the time they are able to demonstrate sufficient language capability.
Farmers are expected to purchase a farm in the province.
Currently, the following provinces offer nomination programs under the Farmer immigration criteria:
- Manitoba – Young Farmer
- Saskatchewan – Farmer
Transcend Consultants provides active assistance to qualified Applicants in all aspects of the above program.