Arranged Employment Opinion
Additional points, upto 15 can be earned on the Federal Skilled Worker Selection Grid, where the employer has made a permanent, full-time, non-seasonal Offer of employment to a foreign national, and either of the following situation applies:
- Applicant is NOT expected to work in Canada before becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Applicant is currently working in Canada on a valid Work Permit.
For Applicants in group 1, the Immigration Department requires that Service Canada (SC) provide an opinion on a job offer before it can allot any points for AEO, as per the guidelines issued by HRSDC.
SC considers the following factors – in addition to the LMO factors – while processing an AEO application:
- The job offer is permanent;
- The job offer is genuine;
- The wages and working conditions are comparable to those offered to Canadians working in the occupation;
- The employment is full-time;
- The employment is not seasonal
This process may be completed within 6-8 weeks.